How to Trim Your Pet’s Nails
Trimming your cat or dog’s nails can be a challenge, but once you learn a few basics, the task becomes much easier. Unfortunately, you need a little more than skills with some pets, which is why there are so many products on the market that can help you trim your pets’ nails in the comfort of your own home. There are also many types of nail cutters, and a high-quality pet nail grinder is what many pet parents choose because it tends to be a little less cumbersome for both you and your pet.
What Is the Best Way to Trim Your Pets’ Nails?
If you’re getting ready to trim your pet’s nails and need a few tips, here are a few things that can make the task a little easier on you:
- Clip the nails on the back feet first to get the pet nice and calm.
- Place just a tiny bit of the nail in the clippers before clipping it.
- Be careful not to cut the quick, which is the pink part of the nail that consists of the blood supply.
- If you accidentally cut the quick, make sure you stop the bleeding immediately.
- Plan to trim your pet’s nails once a week.
- If you have any questions whatsoever, ask your vet to show you exactly how to trim the nails.
A good quality pet nail trimmer is also a must. You never want to use regular nail clippers or trimmers that aren’t made specifically for pets because this can harm your pet and cause a lot of stress for the animal. Whether you choose a nail grinder or a trimmer is up to you, but you’ll have to use both of them correctly for the job to be done right.
What is the advantage of using a professional pet nail grinder, rather than a standard trimmer? Grinders tend to be a little easier on the pet because they do not cut the nails but gently grind them instead, which is usually a lot less noticeable for the pet and allows the animal to be much calmer. In fact, the PerroPal nail grinder and devices like it are perfect because they even come with an LED light that makes seeing your pet’s nails a whole lot easier. These nail grinders are specifically made for pets and have quite literally changed the way pet parents feel about making sure their pet’s nails are nice and short the way they should be.
Why Do the Job Yourself?
Many people ask why they should trim their pets’ nails themselves, and the answer is simple. Vet visits are expensive even if you have pet insurance, and it causes your pet stress and anxiety, which is good for no animal. If you can trim your pet’s nails yourself in the comfort of your own home, your pet will automatically feel more at ease. Let’s face it, you’d be willing to pay to have the vet cut your pet’s nails if you knew your furry family member could go through it without any anxiety, but most of the time, that isn’t the case.
Once you get a good pet nail file, regardless of the type you choose, and learn a few basic tips, you can be cutting your pet’s nails like the pros do in no time. It takes the right product and the right know-how to make sure your pets get their nails trimmed the right way week after week, and by doing it yourself, you can both save a lot of money and keep your pet more comfortable throughout the trimming process. If you’re curious about the reasons your pet’s nails have to be trimmed regularly, here are a few of them for you to consider:
- Trimmed nails won’t curve inward, which can cause an uncomfortable gait and even damage to the pet’s skeletal system.
- Untrimmed nails can cause injuries to the pet if they get too long.
- If untrimmed nails stay that way too long, it is possible for your pet to get an infection.
Indeed, untrimmed nails can cause a lot of problems, from basic discomfort to an infected animal, so if your pet is playing on a hardwood floor and you hear its nails sliding against the floor, it is definitely time for you to trim them.
Is the Right Trimmer Easy to Find?
Perhaps the best news about all of this is that pet supplies plus nail trim products are usually found in the same place – a good quality pet store. It’s possible that your vet may also carry some type of product to trim your pet’s nails. But like other pet products, you’ll want to do some research so that you can find the kind that works best for you and your pet. You can find all types of products on the market today, but doing some research beforehand is the best way to know that you’ve found the right one for you.
You can also visit some of the “top 10 products” lists that many websites offer for various products for all of your pet nail trim needs. Review websites make your decision much easier because they let you know what to look for and make you aware of what is currently available. If you get too nervous, consider buying an electric pet nail trimmer because those are sometimes easier to work with. Most products made to trim pet nails are also inexpensive, so you should be able to get what you want without breaking the bank.
A good quality pet nail cutter is a must because let’s face it, trimming your pets’ nails is not an option – it is a necessity. Learning how to trim their nails is something you’ll get better at with practice, but you also have to have the right tool for the job to be done right. Fortunately, this is super easy to accomplish because of the many high-quality trimming devices now on the market. Just take your time while researching them and make sure you stay in touch with your vet if there are any problems, and trimming your pet’s nails should be a breeze.
Other Products Customers like
There are no comments yet.
Hello, I am Britanny. I am a housewife who is always seeking for new ways of make life at home easier. I hope you enjoy my reviews!
- Different Types of AC units – Understanding them all Posted on April 16, 2021
- How to Keep House Cool without AC Posted on April 15, 2021
- The Importance Of Keeping House Cool In Extreme Heat Posted on April 14, 2021
- Why Is My Room So Hot? Posted on April 13, 2021
- How To Reset Your Sleep Schedule Posted on April 13, 2021
- Is Sleeping with a Fan On Bad for You Posted on April 12, 2021
- Side Effects of Sleeping with a Fan Posted on April 11, 2021
- Best Weightlifting Tracker Posted on April 10, 2021
- How to Cool Down in Bed: Get the Best Sleep of your Life Posted on April 10, 2021
- Best Way to Track Workouts Posted on April 9, 2021